Here are some new changes to the estimator.
We have removed Finish Material and Other Cost and combined it to Material Cost in the Estimate.
- Material Cost = Finish Material, Other Material and Subcontracting cost.
- Material Cost includes Budgeted Materials & materials provided by Pro.
- You can show/hide Material Cost header in the Overview or in the Estimate Details.
Material Cost header in the Estimate Details. This also appears on the Estimate Overview.
Questions about Material Cost
Q: My estimate does not show my material totals. How can I show it?
A: In the Estimator, choose Budget to show material totals in your Estimate Details. Most users will have there Estimates set to Pro before the update.
Q: I set to Budget but my Other Material totals aren't showing. Where is my cost in the details?
A: Our templates have a default setting. Most of our templates Other Materials are provided by the Pro. If you want to show the cost, go into the item details and change Pro to Budget. We recommend saving your template in the summary page so that you don't have to make these changes all the time.
If you look into your details, most items under Other Material are set to Pro, if you want to show the total cost of other materials in your Estimate Details, change this to Budget. Set to Pro if you don't want to show this cost. Please note, when you set to Pro, the Pro's cost will be included in the Material Cost header.
In the estimate, you will see a new header called Material Budget.
- You can show/hide Material Budget in the estimate overview or details.
- If you choose Pro in the Estimator, Pro's cost will not be included in the Material Budget. It will be shown in the Material Cost.
Material Budget is shown in the Estimate Details.
Questions about Material Budget
Q: The Material Budget, Material Cost and Labor does not equal the Total cost?
A: Material Cost already includes budgeted Materials. You can hide Material Budget, if you want the break down to only show Labor + Material Cost = Total
Material Budget lets your client know the total cost of Materials that are set to budget.
You can choose what you want to display in the estimate details. In this example, the labor, material equals the total cost for the item.
Estimate content preview
We've added previews to help you visualize what is being shown or hidden from the estimate.
Once you check or uncheck and header, you will see where it will be shown or hidden.
What are we working on next?
Before working on our next features, we still need to add more goodies to the estimator.
- Allow user to set a Default Labor Rate in the Default Estimate Settings.
- Allow clients to decline estimates.
- Allow clients to send messages before signing an estimate.
- Allow user to delete company logo and profile photo.
- Add Project Duration to the estimate. Project Duration is based on total hours of estimate.
Questions or feedback?
Send us an email at email@example.com or use the message box on the bottom right.