When selecting Budget in the Estimator, it means either Pro or client sets a budget on materials for a category.
The budget can also be set in the item detail level as well.
When the budget is selected, you are displaying the cost of materials as well as the cost of budgeted materials.
In the summary page, you can control what you want to display in your estimate.
- Showing all four columns in the Overview section will not equal the total because Material Cost also includes Budgeted materials.
- In the previous version, there was Finish Material and Other Cost. It is now combined into one as Material Cost
Displaying cost in your estimate comes down to your personal choice on how you want to display your break down to your client.
- Show a break down of Labor, Material Cost, and Total.
- Leave Material Budget unchecked
- Show only Material Budget.
- Leave Labor, Material Cost, and Total unchecked.
- Show four columns and explain to your client that there are budgeted materials.
- Leave everything unchecked and only show Grand Total.